[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Bring back the old maps! (m)
mardukDate: Friday, 2015-10-16, 7:34 AM | Message # 201
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@Xena: Thank you very much!

I like the loading screen smile

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Friday, 2015-10-16, 7:55 AM | Message # 202
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
This is great, but I think the two bugged collision meshes are bad enough to be annoying and need to be fixed before we release a final version.

Are we going to release this in a new beta version of the mappack, for testing?

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-10-16, 10:54 AM | Message # 203
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I have forgotten to mention some other changes I had made. -> Previous post edited

I am aware that the collision meshes of certain exclusive Eagles Nest statics is somehow weird but I have no knowledge in editing these. I am a mapper and no modder :/
But I'm in the opinion that the places, that you mentioned starking, won't cause crucial issues on the gameplay. If you can land a Flettner on the roof of the villa you still won't be protected enough against allied grenades when they want to capture the flag and some German hides on the roof.

The next mappack file will be the finalized version of FHSW Europ Fan-Mappack 1 <- is that what it will be called?

@ Benjamin:
Sorry for no replies. The problem is that we don't know what exactly makes the server crash on maps like Kotha Baru, Luzon, Battle Isle and River Kwai. It's a shame because some of these maps would be very great for smaller player numbers.
But if we do not investigate what the problem is with the server, there is no way to 'fix' it.

Message edited by Xenanab - Friday, 2015-10-16, 10:55 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2015-10-16, 7:39 PM | Message # 204
General
Awards: 38
Quote starking018 ()
I noticed that the collision mesh of the villa at flag 3 is also a bit bugged. The roof looks sloped, but you can actually land on it with the Flettner or crash there 2 or 3 meters above the roof in some places.

Fixed, see attached file.
Attachments: Villa.zip (131.7 Kb)

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2015-10-16, 8:31 PM | Message # 205
Accessory Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
I'm afraid but it seems that the environment map now seems to be completely out of function. So no reflections on polished metal anymore.

Quick question: Which program do you pack the maps with?

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 8:52 AM | Message # 206
General
Quote marduk ()
That doesnt change anything about the missing logic in using heavy tanks in that terrain. In RL the heavy tanks would not have been able to move through that terrain and neither Axis nor Allies would have just them there cause it would have been a waste. I dont feel any immersion.
Also, on that map is just one Tiger and one SU-152, so the name beast killer is not appropriate for the map anyway.

Well historically the first Tigers were used in a swampy, forested area.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Stefan1990Date: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 11:36 AM | Message # 207
General
Awards: 10
Quote Xenanab ()
Okay, I have finished my work on Eagles Nest !But I won't upload the map file yet because I want to avoid the clusterf*** situation from the last time ... I will upload it when the mappack file will be created.

Quick changelog :

- changed heightmap at the ladder near the tunnel ( now it is very easy to climb up )
- edited terrain textures ( shadowy spots at new static objects )
- fixed weird lightmap bugs on the 2 wooden bridges ( not perfectly but better than in previous versions )
- increased rendered view distance and decreased density of fog
- removed allied ammo truck from main base
- longer respawn time for Jagdpanzer IV F
- correct Wespe camouflage ( late Marder II texture )
- Panzerfaust 150 kit now spawns twice
- Panzerschreck counterspawn now spawns twice
- changed position of Wurfgerät
- changed spawn position of hanomag apc
- longer respawn time for hanomag apc
- longer respawn time for B26 kits
- shorter respawn time for M3A1 apc
- unlocked Kübelwagen, Willy jeep, MG 42, MG 34 and MG 81-Z
- Chaffees now have random APCR
- added one mortar kit at the Nest
- reduced amount of cartridges for VG-1
- reduced amount of bullets for HEAT Kampfpistole
- reduced amount of Panzerfaust ammo boxes
- increased amount of cartridges for Colt
- some cosmetic changes
- edited multiplayer briefing text
- changed tickets for conquest mode
- removed backup .con files
- changed precache object list
- renewed minimap
- finished loading screen:

I'm afraid but it seems that the environment map now seems to be completely out of function. So no reflections on polished metal anymore.
I didn't do anything special for the entire amount of armor since the balancing fine tuning can be easily done via SSM.

The issue with the destructible static objects is still very time consuming to figure out ... Sorry but I didn't see any important neccessity of them here on this map.

My holiday time will end next week. But the last thing I would like to do is editing Ocean Town.
You will hear from me in the following week hopefully ..
Attachments: 7795356.jpg(395Kb)

dude i cant wait to play this map!!!! booze

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 12:39 PM | Message # 208
Colonel
Quote Mr_J ()
Quick question: Which program do you pack the maps with?
With BGA. That's the program eYe recommended a few years ago when I have set up ED42. Also on any tutorial about that editor, BGA is always mentioned and recommended in general.

I have read some things about that on the Battlefield modding website... it seems that the .lsb ( lightmapshadowbit ) file can corrupt the environment map so the engine can't render this effect anymore.
In vanilla there is also a problem on Eagles Nest ... The environment mapping works when you spawn as you can see reflections on your Colt.
But when you touch a terrain shadow, that has been created by the heightmap or a static objects, the engine stops producing these reflections. That's what should happen anyway, because the lightmap engine has to work along with the .lsb file. But when you go into a sunny area again the reflections won't reappear as it should.

I believe DICE already had messed up the environment mapping on this map. Most likely something's wrong with the .lsb file.

Thanks eYe! I will add the file to the map data ;-)

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 2:09 PM | Message # 209
Accessory Admin
Ah, I suspected you to use WinRFA which is believed to corrupt the reflection file but that's not the case apparently.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 3:10 PM | Message # 210
General

endless: "Well historically the first Tigers were used in a swampy, forested area."
Yea, but that was in 1942 and not 1944 biggrin The Germans learned their lesson there and didnt use the Tigers in that terrain again.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2015-10-17, 11:07 PM | Message # 211
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Quote Xenanab ()
@ Benjamin:Sorry for no replies. The problem is that we don't know what exactly makes the server crash on maps like Kotha Baru, Luzon, Battle Isle and River Kwai. It's a shame because some of these maps would be very great for smaller player numbers.
But if we do not investigate what the problem is with the server, there is no way to 'fix' it.
Thank you for actually responding, I thought I would never get a reply. When you say investigate the matter, what all would that include? I know somethings are very simple to fix. Although I'm assuming that that isn't the case with these maps otherwise they'd be fixed by now. In any case thanks for replying!

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 10:50 AM | Message # 212
General
@Radio: How is the state with the two Polish maps so far?

Are there any other maps I forgot about and that still need to be edited?

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 12:17 PM | Message # 213
Colonel
Awards: 13
Has Road to Ramelle been looked at yet? If so, I can't think of anything else left to do. I can edit vehicle spawns, etc if need be.

Message edited by crazygamelover - Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 12:19 PM

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 12:30 PM | Message # 214
Colonel
Soldier classes should get edited on Zweroboy.
I am still busy with Ocean Town

RADIOSMERSHDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 5:17 PM | Message # 215
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote marduk ()
@Radio: How is the state with the two Polish maps so far?

To be honest, I can't tell you that as I don't know that even myself. The biggest problem is not the map itself, but the new assets that are used on it. I have recoded wz. 1902 gun for FHSW, so I have to recode Schleswig-Holstein battleship and fix broken walking animations of Polish soldiers.

Quote crazygamelover ()
Has Road to Ramelle been looked at yet? If so, I can't think of anything else left to do. I can edit vehicle spawns, etc if need be.

Yep, I made some changes according to marduk's suggestions. Regarding vehicle balance, I think we need to play the map with larger numbers first, then spawns can be edited via SSM if needed to.

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Soldier classes should get edited on Zweroboy.

I'll take a look at in within the next few days.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 5:18 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 6:18 PM | Message # 216
General
Ok, thanks for your quick replies.
I summarize that, except of the two Polish maps, we are done so far. The fine-tuning of maps like Road to Ramelle we do via ssm after we have played them several times.
Regarding the two Polish maps I am not sure what to do. I really like to see them in the mod, but I also think it would be wise to finish the mappack soon because we will still have to do some ssm afterwards. Also, it will take a while (we are talking about weeks) until all players have realized that there is a mappack and where to download it. I reckon from now on it will take at least four-six weeks until the mappack runs on the server without problems -if we would have finished it by now.
My suggestion is: lets finish and upload the mappack now without the Polish maps. @Radio: take as much time as you need for the maps and when you have finished them we can add them to an updated version of the mappack.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2015-10-21, 11:08 PM | Message # 217
Colonel
I agree with Marduk! I think it's about time we upload the finished mappack to the front page. The Polish maps IMO are not as important as the rest of the mappack and should be released later when they're done.

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-10-24, 10:17 AM | Message # 218
General
Yes, let's wait for Ocean Town and then we should release the first pack.

What's the status of these maps:

• Spurning Fate Day
  • Spurning Fate 1945
  • The Attack on Carentan

@everyone who edited maps, please upload your final version, so we can put them in the pack.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-10-24, 10:48 AM | Message # 219
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 27
    Quote marduk ()
    My suggestion is: lets finish and upload the mappack now without the Polish maps. @Radio: take as much time as you need for the maps and when you have finished them we can add them to an updated version of the mappack.

All right, let's do it this way.
    Btw, here is Zveroboy with corrected kits:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By17mLYB7EvqNUtKMVlHeER2QzA

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Saturday, 2015-10-24, 12:54 PM

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-10-24, 2:10 PM | Message # 220
    Colonel
    @eye I've taken care of Spurning Fate 1945 for the most part (replaced all nightvision vehicles except for Panther's, Marder III and Sdkfz251's) : https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Operation Lilliput (balancing tweaks): https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Sittang Bridge (added the new Jap tanks): https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Message edited by crazygamelover - Saturday, 2015-10-24, 2:11 PM

Search: